Vijeta Uniyal — Legal Insurrection March 9, 2017
While the Merkel government and German media don’t like to talk about the No-Go Zones and the rising wave of migrant crime in the country, a popular German TV show “Akte 2017” has brought the issue to the forefront. German journalist and moderator Claus Strunz went to Berlin’s Kottbusser Tor area — dubbed as the ‘most dangerous place in Germany’ — to record the latest edition of his show.
As Berlin’s Left-wing state government prohibits police from carrying out video surveillance in the capital on the grounds of ‘preserving individual privacy’, Strunz and his crew installed 9 cameras in and around Kottbusser Tor, and ran them for 48 hours. Last year, Berlin police registered 1,600 crimes in Kottbusser Tor. However, according to the show’s moderator Strunz, his crew recorded ‘hundreds of crimes’ in just 48 hours and with just 9 cameras.
Strunz also pointed out that the deteriorating law and order situation in Kottbusser Tor-area has been the direct result of a recent migrant influx. The majority of young men he met there had entered the country in the wake of the migrant crisis that began 1 and a half year ago, Strunz said.
Talking at SAT1 TV’s morning show on Tuesday, March 7, Claus Strunz said:
“If you come to this area as an [ordinary] citizen you are simply shocked by what you see. You see acts of violence at every corner. While we were there, police arrested 3 young men following a brutal fight. They had beaten someone up. Then you walk 50 meters to another corner that’s full of [drug] dealers.” (…)
“1.600 crimes were committed here [around Kottbusser Tor] last year, and these are the only the ones that were registered.” (…)
“All this prompted us to do what police can’t do in Berlin and other places in Germany, and we took over the surveillance of the Kottbusser Tor area. Our 9 cameras monitored the place for 48 hours. And on the video feed — we can’t say the exact number — but there are hundreds of crimes [on the tape] that would have otherwise gone undiscovered.” (…)
“[I] talked to the residents. A family that had lived in the area since 1994 and has two daughters, 18 and 13. They grew up there. And the parents say that since 1 and a half year they don’t let their daughters walk alone on the street…neither at night nor in the day. [Transcribed and translated by the author, Click here for the German-language trailer of the show]
But, rather than focusing on the rising migrant crime wave or the deteriorating law and order situation in Germany’s inner-cities, media instead decided to bash the messenger.
Following the airing of the show, one of the leading newspaper in Germany, DIE WELT, published an op-ed titled “How Claus Strunz is politicising the ‘Akte’ [Show]” and called him a ‘populist’ — dog-whistle in Germany for a Far-Right sympathiser.
Strunz was one of the few television journalists who highlighted the plight of the families of the victims of last year’s Berlin Christmas market attack, when an ISIS terrorist drove a lorry loaded with 20 tonnes of steel beams into a busy Christmas market, killing 12 people and injuring 48 others.
The German media in general chose not to personalise the stories of the Berlin terror victims. Chancellor Merkel and top members of her government also failed to meet the bereaved families. To add insult to the injury, the Merkel government has categorised the victims of Berlin terror attack as victims of “traffic accident”.
All this pain and suffering could simply have been avoided if the Merkel government haddeported the illegal Tunisian migrant-turned-terrorist who was already on Germany’s terror watch-list.
For Merkel and Germany’s political class, the unsuspecting Christmas market goers or the women at Cologne station on the New Year’s Eve are merely roadkill on their Autobahn to their promised multicultural paradise. And the migrant crime wave is nothing but a road bump in their grand social engineering project.
Raw video-feed: Police videos from New Year’s Eve mass-sexual assaults: